An opportunity to join our busy Accountancy Practice as Accountant/Practice Manager has arisen. This role requires a professional and experienced individual looking to work for a growing company.
We are looking for an accountant who has a minimum of 3 year’s experience of working in an accountancy practice and is able to prepare accounts and corporation tax returns for sole traders and limited companies.
You will also be required to provide support to the in-house bookkeeping team as well as providing practice management support to the firm, so an in-depth knowledge of both these areas will be essential.
The hours for this role are flexible (part-time or full-time). Our office hours are Monday to Friday 9am to 5pm and we do offer flexible start and finish times.
In return you will receive a competitive salary, 30 days annual leave (pro rata), company pension scheme and employer provided cash health plan.
Your role will include but is not limited to the following;
· Preparation of year end accounts for limited companies/sole traders
· Bookkeeping and VAT Return submissions
· Company Secretarial matters, including shares, dividends and PSC registers
· Month end procedures on SAGE including reconciliations and journals
· Bank posting, reconciliation, reporting for the credit controller
· Management of the IRIS Time and IRIS billing system
· Management of the bookkeeping team including training support and appraisals
· HR and Recruitment for the firm
· Setting up of software for bookkeeping clients and registering for VAT, MTD etc
· You will be the first point of contact for bookkeeping and VAT queries within the firm and for our clients.
Ideally you will have;
· Atleast 3 year’s experience of working in an accountancy practice
· Experience of providing internal bookkeeping/management support within an accountancy practice
· Ideally qualified to AAT level or similar or QBE
· Hands on experience of a variety of bookkeeping packages such as Sage 50, Quickbooks, Kashflow and Xero
· Use of IRIS software including time ledger, billing etc
· Keen eye for details, well organised with problem solving and issue resolution skills
· Experience of managing staff and enjoy working as part of a team
· Good MS Windows and Office skills
· You may occasionally be required to attend client’s premises so a full UK driving licence would be desirable.